The d&b Audiotechnik D12 power amplifier is a dual channel amplifier incorporating digital signal processors (DSP) to provide loudspeaker specific configurations and functions. It is designed for use with all d&b loudspeakers, has both digital and analog signal inputs as well as link outputs, remote control and monitoring capabilities and sophisticated protection circuits.
It utilizes an autosensing switch mode power supply for mains voltages 115 / 230 V, 50 – 60 Hz and has a temperature and signal controlled fan to cool the internal assemblies. It is specifically designed to produce high power into low impedance loads, typically those between 4 and 16 ohms. A user definable 4-band parametric equalizer, and signal delay capability of up to 340 ms are incorporated and can be applied independently to each channel. A signal generator offering pink noise or sine wave program is also included.
The d&b Audiotechnik D12 uses its Load monitoring and System check functions to ascertain the status of the loudspeaker impedance. d&b System check verifies that the system performs within a predefined condition, whilst d&b Load monitoring enables an automatic and continuous impedance monitoring. Both can determine the status of an LF or HF driver in systems with multiple elements, even if these are crossed over passively. Apart from selectable output configurations for dual channel, mixed TOP/SUB and 2-Way Active mode, the D12 also provides d&b SenseDrive for use with the LF drivers in d&b active loudspeakers and subwoofers and has output connector options.
Control and indicators
- POWER Mains power switch
- SCROLL/EDIT Digital rotary encoder
- Display Liquid Crystal Display (LCD)/120 x 32 pixel
- ISP, GR, OVL A/B LED indicators
Digitial Signal Processing
- Equalizer 4-band PEQ/Notch
- Latency analog and digital inputs 0.3 msec.
- Delay setting 0.3 – 340 msec. with 0.1 msec. detents
- Configurations current d&b loudspeakers and linear mode
- Function switches d&b loudspeaker specific circuits
- Frequency generator Pink noise or Sine wave
- Sampling rate 96 kHz/27 Bit ADC/24 Bit DAC
- INPUT ANALOG (A1, A2) 3 pin XLR female
- ANALOG LINK (A1, A2) 3 pin XLR male
- INPUT DIGITAL (D1, D2) 3 pin XLR female AES 3
- DIGITAL LINK (Output) 3 pin XLR male
- Sampling rate 48 kHz/96 kHz
- OUT CHANNEL A/B NL4
- optional EP5/NL8
- REMOTE 2 x RJ 45 parallel, CAN-Bus
- SERVICE SUB-D9 female
- Mains connector powerCON® 1
Data (linear setting with subsonic filter)
- Rated output power (THD+N < 0.1%), both channels driven 2 x 750 W into 8 ohms – 2 x 1200 W into 4 ohms
- S/N ratio (unweighted, RMS) > 110 dBr
- Autosensing switch mode power supply for 115/230 V, 50 – 60 Hz – optional 100/200 V, 50 – 60 Hz
- Height x width x depth 3 RU x 19″ x 353 mm/13.9″
- Weight 13 kg/28.7 lb
From £40 per day.